Nothing beats starting your morning with a weight loss breakfast smoothie when you’re on a weight loss journey. It’s delicious, nutritious and filling without being heavy and you won’t be snacking anytime soon.
Get all the essential nutrients you need first thing in the morning by preparing a healthy breakfast smoothie which includes fruits, veggies, protein, and fiber.
What Are The Benefits of Breakfast Smoothies
They are great for weight loss. Healthy breakfast smoothies contain fruits and vegetables, fiber and protein that will keep you full till lunchtime. The key to your smoothies keeping you full for long is adding protein and fiber to them which is important when you are losing weight.
You can add protein and fiber in different forms to your smoothies such as coconut milk, chia seeds, flax seeds, greek yogurt, and peanut butter.
One other great thing about smoothies, in general, is that they can be used in detoxing, which will assist you in losing weight too. (Related: 12 Fat-Burning Foods To Help You Lose Weight)
3 Things To Keep In Mind When Making Healthy Breakfast Smoothies
1. Don’t Overdo It With Fruits
Fruits are full sugar and can easily result in your smoothies having high sugar content. If your smoothies have fruits, you may likely not need to add additional sugar such as honey.
Limit the number of fruits you use to encourage weight loss. Consider adding more protein and veggies over additional fruits. To be on a cautious side, don’t add unhealthy sugars.
2. Veggies Are Your Friend
For most people, eating a well-balanced diet which includes vegetables is tough. We know that we need the nutrients they provide but we just can’t help it.
In this case, I recommend blending them into your smoothies. If veggies are not your favorite food, having them in your smoothies is the easiest way to get their nutritional benefits without completely tasting them.
3. Take Note Of The Calories You Add
Be aware of the number of calories to you add to your smoothies. While we want our smoothies to taste good, let us not forget that calories add up. The last thing we want, for example, is to have low carbs foods added in excess to our smoothies which will nullify their weight loss benefits.
Here are 20 healthy breakfast smoothies you can prepare in the morning and fill your body with nutrients it needs while you are losing weight.
20 Healthy Weight Loss Breakfast Smoothie Recipes
5 Weight Loss Breakfast Smoothies
- Metabolism Boosting Smoothie | Sunkissed Kitchen
- Skinny Pumpkin Banana Smoothie | Beyond Frosting
- Blueberry Protein Weight Loss Breakfast Smoothie | Nutrition Twins
- Skinny Tropical Protein Smoothie | Popculture
- Fat Burning Green Smoothie | North South Blonde
5 Green Breakfast Smoothies
- The Ultimate Green Avocado Smoothie | Jar Of Lemons
- Green Protein Power Breakfast Smoothie | I Love Vegan
- Simple Green Breakfast Smoothie | Choosing Chia
- Kale Smoothie | Well Plated by Erin
- Green Smoothie Recipe | iFOODreal
5 Vegan Breakfast Smoothies
- Vegan Banana Smoothie | Foolproof Living
- Strawberry Raspberry Smoothie | Running on Real Food
- Creamy Vegan Breakfast Smoothie | The Wanderlust Kitchen
- Vegan Coffee Smoothie | Loving It Vegan
- 5-Minute Vegan Breakfast Smoothie | Kitchn
5 Breakfast Smoothies with Oatmeal
These breakfast smoothies are going to fill you up and help you lose weight. They are delicious… give them a try.
You May Also Like:
- 12 Fat-Burning Foods To Help You Lose Weight
- How To Lose Weight Fast: Steps To Lose Weight Quickly
- How To Get Rid of Muffin Top and Love Handles
Don’t forget to save this pin to your Weight Loss Recipes board on Pinterest 🙂